More often than not we take shortcuts to fast track our bodies into shape. A “quick fix” may help you get into that size 2 dress but it certainly won’t keep you there. Even I can’t imagine life without a fresh glass of wine or my occasional sweet-tooth cravings, however it’s important to indulge in moderation. Daily detox measures help counteract the less healthy items we put in our body, as well as environmental factors we have very little control over. By incorporating these 6 daily detox steps you’re setting your body up a nutritional success.
- Drink hot lemon water: wake-up in the morning and get your body jump started with a cup of warm water, lemon and cayenne. Lemon juice and cayenne pepper contain anti-fungal, immune boosting, and detoxification properties, which help digestion and destroy bacteria. By starting your day off with a mini-master-cleanse, you’re ensuring a smooth digestion process.
- Eat detoxing foods and supplements: parsley, cilantro, dandelion root, licorice root, cayenne, tumeric, red pepper, garlic, lemon, lime, grapefruit, sea vegetables, artichokes, beets, cruciferous vegetables, wheatgrass, spirulina, chlorella and milk thistle are all foods you want to ingest on a daily basis. These foods offer the liver and kidneys aid in cleansing.
- Sweat: ladies, before you get your done make sure you incorporate some time to sweat. Sweating is crucial for expelling toxins; make use of the sauna, which assists in removing heavy metal toxins stored, in fat tissues. If you enjoy being active then go out for a run or take up on a yoga class!
- Invert: shoulder stand, headstand, or prop your legs against the well (practice makes perfect). By inverting the body, you’re helping cardiovascular, lymphatic, and endocrine and nervous systems reverse the flow of gravity thus stimulating the lymphatic system.
- Tongue Scrape: it may sound funny, but the fact is that scraping your tongue from accumulated bacteria and toxic debris from the previous night assists the body in the detox process while helping achieve better breath!
- Get massages: relax and stop feeling guilty. Massages increase circulation, stimulate the lymphatic system and remove toxic build-up.
Take it one step at a time and keep these easy to-do steps in mind when starting your day. A little goes a long way when it comes to health and fitness.